Wednesday 1 April 2015

So, I'm not part of the Pack

Well, it has been a while since I was here. I've been patiently biding my time. Going to work, brunching at weekends, frequenting markets, taking part in the CitytoSurf, (getting serious blood blisters and bruised toes), going to meetings, joining the library, doing family research - and waiting for the RWC2015 people to get back to me about whether I made the final cut to be a volunteer later this year.

They said we'd know by the end of March, since I hadn't heard anything by the time I went to bed last night, this morning I took off the wristband I have been wearing since my "try-out".



Tonight, I had an email. 

Nope, no job for me - but there is still a chance as circumstances change and some people may pull out. We'll see. 

Maybe now I can focus a bit more on life.

Easter is nearly here, and while for some people that means a long weekend (and chocolate) or the start of the school holidays, for others work is the only option. For us - one of us is working and the other is long weekending. But we have some plans for those bits of our lives which crossover like a venn diagram and offer the opportunity to do something different for a brief time.

In the other bits of time I guess there is gardening and cleaning to be done, if the weather permits.

I've been doing quite a bit of research recently about part of the family who lived in Christchurch and exploring different places. I might have to do a special tree post, so I record everything I have discovered - in case I lose all the bits of paper.

But, I think there might even be some other things to share about experiences and observances over the weekend.

Enjoy the weekend, don't eat too much chocolate or too many hot cross buns; that's not really what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment