Tuesday 26 January 2016

And the New Year begins

Following on from my last post, here are some photos of places we've been so far this month. 

Although it has been a novelty to experience a warm summer and have great beaches nearby, I can't help looking at the Northern Hemisphere weather reports and photos and yearn for some cooler temperatures. We have had some good rain as well which in itself is a novelty after the year in Canterbury with virtually none. But I'm beginning to feel that I am more an autumn/spring person, not entirely a winter person, but not so much summer anymore. Don't get me wrong, summer is great - if you have access to a great swimming spot without a two hour hot drive in an non-airconditioned car, if you live somewhere with airconditioning or which is at least built to catch any breeze nature offers, work in an air conditioned environment and actually have time to get out there and enjoy the water and weather with friends. But for me - nah, it's starting to lose it's appeal.

Most people are back at work...but not me yet...still. Things are looking more positive on that front though, so watch this space for upcoming developments.

New Year's Eve and first seconds of 2016







Redwood Forest, Rotorua











Sunset at Piha




No comments:

Post a Comment