Sunday 31 December 2017

So here is a bit of a catch up on 2017

This is a quick run down to record happenings that have been missed while I was trying to keep up with the #52Stories blog challenge.

I've moved - house, country; the lot.

I'm enrolled in my first formal study since leaving school - holy heck ! A Diploma in Family History is going to be mine, in a year - or maybe three.

I got 84.5% in my first unit - High Distinction 😊 and I am expecting results for the 2nd unit in the next couple of weeks.

I've been walking lots - no car here (yet) so I have been wearing out the soles of my shoes.

Shopping and meal planning has become more thoughtful and measured. No more racing to the supermarket mid recipe ! And heavy shopping bags to carry home are not much fun either.

I'm still looking for a job. Consequently, I am contemplating whether staying in Bendigo is viable...I'm thinking not...maybe somewhere a little larger is on the cards.

We've done a bit of exploring, and we had a great visit with Mum and Dad before the weather got too hot.

There has been a bit of culture - "The Book of Mormon" in Melbourne and lots of markets and festivals in Bendigo.

I had a fun day in Melbourne with friends for Wellington and a chance meeting with an NZ cousin on Dad's side of the tree, who just happened to come to the Goldfields ! Then a planned meeting with 4th cousins on Mum's side of the tree just before Christmas.

I'm especially grateful for the support of family and friends throughout the year...most especially to my wonderful daughter for all she does for me.




























1 comment: